|Miles||10 (miles 118 through 125)|
|Elevation End||7,000, more or less|
|Character||Pavement, gently rolling down, down toward Salida. To food, rest, shelter…|
Just bring it on home, baby. Downhill pavement. Just think about what you’re going to eat. Think about how it will feel to not have that bike punishing your butt. Just a few more pedal strokes now.
Here’s a bird’s eye shot of where you’ll come back down, descending to below 8,500 feet elevation for the first time in over 100 miles, to roll back to lovely, friendly Salida. The photo does not show the food, beer, people, and celebration that will greet you when you roll on in at the conclusion of the Vapor Trail 125.
- Section One, Start to Colorado Trail
- Section Two, Colorado Trail: Blank’s Cabin to Chalk Creek
- Section Three, Chalk Creek to Hancock Pass
- Section Four, Hancock Pass to Aid Station 2
- Section Five, Aid Station 2 to Old Monarch Pass
- Section Six, Old Monarch Pass to Marshall Pass (Aid 4)
- Section Seven, Starvation Loop and Silver Creek Trail
- Section Eight, The Rainbow Trail from Silver Creek to 285
- Section Nine, 285 down to Poncha Springs, then CR120 to Finish